Tuesday 20 December 2011

A Major Retrospective: Caledonian Kim

A few months ago I started taking pictures of the Caledonian Road Underground Station service information board.  These are lovingly created around twice a week and usually turn even the most wizened winter sneer into a bow of burning glee.



This work above is the latest in the collection - "Untitled" - mixed media (washed board markers and taffeta on white board).  Below you can find a selection of other such works.


  
"Untitled"                                                                                              "Untitled"

                             

"Untitled"                                                                                     "Untitled"


"Untitled"                                                                         "Untitled"


As I took the most recent photo last Friday, I felt a light tap on my back, I looked down to where a couple of items were being pressed hurriedly into my hand.  Placed into my hand were the card and coin you can see below addressed to 'My Lovely'. I spun round in an instant to catch a glimpse of this artisan sprite and only managed to witness blurred figure scurrying back into the Station Master's office.  Perplexed, I opened the card and carried on my journey.

You can see that I have interacted directly with these merry-makers. A little light research shows the artist as Kim, although from the card below you can see that she has an accomplice.   I will continue to document these works - until then, my lovelies.





Certainly the the artists at King's Cross Station come from more of a Pop-Minimalist school:


2 comments:

  1. This might be your best blog post ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally an incentive to take the picadilly line. Well rendered unicorn.

    ReplyDelete